BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Friendster Layouts »

Sunday, July 11, 2010

last post from australia


























well this will be my last post from australia.
i have one week to go until i fly to the goldcoast and then fly to tokyo just after.

its actually a shame im not staying at the gold coast for like two days or something, because after 3 years of living in Smelbourne, i forgot that australia IS actually a beautiful country. i live in a drab city with no natural beauty and a lack of infrastructure, so i know that in my few hours in the goldcoast i will be AMAZED to see that australia has trees and beaches. oh if only i had the chance to spend a day on the goldcoast, or better yet, Cairns/port douglas where i (mostly) lived as a child.

actually now that i think of it, the goldcoast usually has winter days of 19 degrees to 23 degrees, so a couple of days would be the perfect "bridge" between Smelbournes 13 degree winter and japans summer time.

oh well, forget about that, im greatful to be going on a 4 to 6 month holiday. so please comment and tell me things you want to see photos of and reports about, i will do my best to show you on my blog.

see you all in 1 week, when i will make my first post from Tokyo !! please check my blog atleast once or twice per week, because i will bring you Japanese culture report !

4 comments:

The Seoul Searcher said...

I know you're going to be mostly in Tokyo, but I'd really get a kick out of a picture of Omiya station. I've heard it's changed so much, but I have not seen it since 2006.

Anonymous said...

ken!!!!!!!!!!!! make sure you bring gift to me. im waiting for you.

DJ Kenichi said...

hey SeoulSearcher san.
by omiya are you refering to omiya-ku in saitama ? did you used to live there ?

anonymous, your way of typeing sounds VERY familliar... do you live in sendai by any chance ?? hehe.

The Seoul Searcher said...

I used to live in Saitama-shi, nishi-ku. Omiya-ku is the area past the east gate of Omiya Station, but I used to hang out in the west gate area and tear it up with the street performers.

Omiya station was basically the hub of Saitama Prefecture, the last stop on the Tohoku Shinkansen before Tokyo Station. It is connected by the Saikyo Sen, Keihin Touhoku Sen, Utunomiya Sen, Kawagoe Sen ( I think.. I'm a little bit fuzzy on that one) and also there were several Seibu lines in the basement. In the center of the station there's a statue of DNA called Mamenoki (bean stalk) that i used to use as a meeting place for first time visitors.

I used to nampa near there sometimes, albiet not as succesfully as I'd hoped.